A unique bedside device for children who don't want to wear an alarm. This alarm comes with a wide choice of options to awaken a deeply sleeping child. An embossed plastic moisture sensing bed pad is placed under the child and the alarm sounds when the pad’s sensor strips detect moisture. The pad should be placed under a draw sheet, or towel.
The bed mat is attached to the battery powered alarm unit by a 7 foot cord that does not disturb the user in bed. The 21 inch by 15 1/2 inch bed mat can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
This unique alarm unit has a wide range of sound options that allow you to pick one that optimally meets your needs. You are no longer limited to just one tone chosen by the manufacturer. You have a choice of 8 built in tones or a custom sound you record yourself! The alarm has variable volume control, making it the loudest alarm we carry. A flashing light permits parents and children to locate the unit in a dark room.
- Variable volume control
- Choose any one of 8 loud tones, or record your own sounds or personal message
- Flashing light helps to locate unit in dark room
- Reliable, embossed and comfortable plastic Bed-Mat — not rust-prone metal screens found on uncomfortable older style units
- Long lasting AA alkaline batteries - never a danger of electrical shock like older style units
- Optional 50 foot (15 meter) extension sound unit allows parents to hear unit and assist from far away
- Optional 7 foot remote vibratory unit allows you to attach unit to bed (under pillow) to use additional stimulus to help person awaken
Sound controls are located inside a compartment on the bottom of the alarm to select one of the eight tones, or to record your own sound.
Important Note: Bedside alarms are very sensitive and require ongoing adjustments to the sheet or towel that you place on top of the mat. As the temperature and humidity change, you must make adjustments to the thickness of the cloth you place on top of the mat. Sweaty skin can trigger the alarm. The use of synthetic fabrics will cause static electricity and cause the alarm to sound when dry. Natural fibers should be used for all bedding. For these reasons, most families prefer wearable alarms over bedside alarms. Alarms cannot be returned once used.
The Malem Bed-Side bed wetting alarm provides more options than any other bed-side unit on the market. Features include the ability to choose one of eight loud tones, or to record your own. You no longer need to pay several hundred dollars more to purchase a quality bed-side unit. We recommend using a draw sheet (i.e. fold a cotton sheet in half and tuck it under each side of the mattress) or a large towel to hold the flexible pad in place. This will keep the pad securely in place under your child. If you want a less expensive bedside alarm and can settle with basic features, check out the Dry-Me Bed-Mat or Wet-Call pad.