SOUND AND VIBRATION IN ONE ALARM! Everything you need, now in one compact bed wetting alarm. The Malem ULTIMATE combines light, sound and vibration to help even the deepest sleeper wake. A selectable combination of sound and vibration suits the needs of the child. A selection switch can be easily set to sound only, sound and vibration, or vibration only.
Compact and lightweight (less than two ounces including two AAA batteries) with all the advanced features and advantages of the world famous Malem bedwetting alarms. In addition to vibration, the different alarms provide one tone (purple, blue, pink), 8 random tones (gold) to prevent "auditory accommodation", or the newest Selectable model (magenta, royal blue, camouflage) that provides a choice of single sounds or 8 random sounds.
The alarm is connected to a small clip-on sensor which detects moisture and anchors to the outside of any close fitting underwear for boys or girls. No sewing to hassle with or metal clips or snaps to come undone during the night. No mini-pads to buy and attach each night! Sensor contacts are within the clip so skin contact or sweating will not trigger the alarm. The alarm sounds continuously until the sensor is removed, allowing you or your child sufficient time to effectively respond to the alarm.
Included with every Malem bedwetting alarm are instructions for use, charts to track progress and batteries. The MALEM ULTIMATE uses inexpensive AAA batteries that last up to 10 times longer than standard "button" batteries found in nearly all other bedwetting alarms.
Comments from the
This is our best combination sound/vibration bedwetting alarm. It is slightly larger than the regular Malem alarm and the vibration is similar to a pager. If you are considering purchasing a similar "potty alarm", this is the alarm for you. It has BOTH sound and vibration. Remember, most children need help during the first few days or weeks to awaken when they wet. An auditory bed wetting alarm is necessary for you to help them.
Parents often ask about a single tone versus a multiple tone alarm. No research has been conducted to determine if one tone is more effective than another for curing enuresis. This is a personal preference.
Pure behaviorists would recommend a single tone bedwetting alarm. The one tone Malem alarms (blue, purple, pink) sound the same each time they sound. (Note that each color is a little different sounding.) Click on the icon to hear the various sounds and pick what you like best! If you're working with more than one child at a time, select different tones so you will know who needs your help.
Some families have found that their child seems to tune out sounds quickly. For this situation, a random 8-tone alarm would be beneficial. The gold alarm has 8 tones and is always random (you cannot choose to select only one). The three selectable tone alarms offer you all the options - the ability to choose a single tone or to rotate through 8 tones. The selectable bedwetting alarm is available in magenta, royal blue or camouflage.
Video: Malem Ultimate Bedwetting AlarmSOUND AND VIBRATION IN ONE ALARM! Everything you need, now in one compact alarm. The Malem ULTIMATE combines light, sound and vibration to help even the deepest sleeper wake. A selectable combination of sound and vibration suits the needs of the child. A selection switch can be easily set to sound only, sound and vibration, or vibration only. Compact and lightweight (less than two ounces including two AAA batteries) with all the advanced features and advantages of the world famous Malem alarms. In addition to vibration, the different alarms provide one tone (purple, blue, pink), 8 random tones (gold) to prevent "auditory accommodation", or the newest Selectable model (magenta, royal blue, camouflage) that provides a choice of single sounds or 8 random sounds. The alarm is connected to a small clip-on sensor which detects moisture and anchors to the outside of any close fitting underwear for boys or girls. No sewing to hassle with or metal clips or snaps to come undone during the night. No mini-pads to buy and attach each night! Sensor contacts are within the clip so skin contact or sweating will not trigger the alarm. The alarm sounds continuously until the sensor is removed, allowing you or your child sufficient time to effectively respond to the alarm. Included with every alarm are instructions for use, charts to track progress and batteries. The ULTIMATE alarm uses inexpensive AAA batteries that last up to 10 times longer than standard "button" batteries found in nearly all other bedwetting alarms.
|Alarm Type||Sound and/or vibration with small flashing light|
|Warranty||1 year on alarm box, 90 days on sensor|
|Sensor Type||Easy–clip sensor included|
|Battery||2 x 1.5 volt AAA alkaline or equivalent|
|Color||M041 - Pink|
M042 - Blue
M043 - Purple
M044 - Gold
M04S - Magenta
M04SB - Royal Blue
M04SC - Camouflage
|Alarm Dimensions||Alarm box – 2.1" x 2" x 0.8"|
|Sensor Dimensions||30" long, Easy–Clip Sensor – 1.1" x 0.5" x 0.25"|
|Shipping Weight||8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Instruction Manual||Malem Bedwetting Alarms Instruction Manual|
|Progress Chart||Malem Progress Chart|
|Troubleshooting Guide||Malem Troubleshooting/FAQs|
|Care Instructions||Clean sensor with soapy water and small toothbrush every few days to remove urine residue.|
Questions on Malem Ultimate Bedwetting Alarm
- From Ian w. at 2/17/14
- What is the difference between the cheaper alarms and the Malem alarms?
- The Malem alarms are manufactured in Great Britain, whereas the less expensive alarms are manufactured in China. When examined side by side, it is obvious that the Malem alarms have better quality and workmanship. The sound and vibration components are stronger in the Malem alarms than other alarms. Our company has been selling Malem alarms for the last 14 years, and they have been proven to be durable and reliable. Malarm alarms are considered the gold standard in bedwetting alarms.
- From tina at 2/12/14
- What is the benefit of multiple tones over a single tone alarm?
- The benefit of multiple tones over a single tone is children can become accustomed to a single tone and potentially learn to disregard the sound. Using multiple tones change each time the alarm sounds through a series of a 8 sound (in Malem and Clippo) which will help the child learn to wake.
- From Shelby at 12/1/13
- We have been using the Malem alarm for over 2 weeks now. My son is not waking up at all to the sound of the alarm, and he is getting frustrated. When can we expect that he will begin waking up to the alarm? What can we do to encourage him?
- This is still a normal response. Continue to go to his room, wake him, have him turn off the alarm and help him walk to the bathroom. As the alarm starts going off later in his sleep cycle, waking to it gets easier. Some families see this happen in the first few weeks, in others it make take 8-12 weeks.
- From Jeff at 8/17/13
- Can you use a diaper over the underwear when using a Malem Ultimate?
- Although some parents do report using a pull-up over the underwear with the alarm attached, the manufacturer recommends using cotton underwear and no pull-up. The pull-up wicks the urine away and could cause the alarm to not sound as quickly. Transitioning to underwear also allows the child to associate feeling wet with the alarm sounding. Washable waterproof overlays that lie on top of the sheet make clean-up after wetting much easier.
- From Paula at 7/15/13
- My child has used a bedwetting alarm in the past and has been dry for several months. He has begun wetting again. Is this common? And how should we address this?
- Relapse can happen. Relapse is wetting twice in one week. If this happens any time after your child has become dry, restart the alarm. Use the alarm until 14 nights of dryness have again been achieved. This process is usually much shorter than the initial training process.
- From Adia at 1/12/12
- Is there any way this alarm could shock or harm my child?
- No, this small battery operated alarm unit cannot shock your child. Wetness triggers the sound and then there is no further electrical current. The thin sensor cord runs under the shirt, eliminating any possibility of getting entangled.
- From Robert at 1/5/12
- Doesn't the alarm sound too late-after my son is already wet?
- Everyone starts this way. Behavioral conditioning works by alerting your son when he is wetting so his brain and bladder can begin to make this connection. He will learn to stop his urine flow, have smaller wet spots and have urine left to empty in the toilet.
- From Sarah at 12/29/11
- Isn't it uncomfortable to wear a bedwetting alarm to bed?
- The sensor that attaches to the outside of the underwear is small, less than an inch long. The small alarm unit fastens to the outside of the shirt and the thin cord runs under the shirt. Most children are very sound sleepers and have no trouble sleeping while wearing this alarm.
- From chris at 12/15/11
- How do I clean my Malem sensor?
- Disconnect the sensor from your alarm box. Using a small brush, warm water and mild soap, scrub the sensor to remove any urine residue. The sensor should be cleaned 1-2 times a week to insure the proper functioning.
- From Mimi at 7/15/11
- I have the Malem Ultimate with sound and vibration. How do I change the setting so that the alarm only sounds?
- To change the sound/vibration setting, open the battery compartment. On the inside of the compartment, there is a switch with the numbers 1, 2, and 3 below it. Moving this selector switch changes from sound/vibration to sound only.
- From mandcsmith at 1/5/11
- How long will the alarm sound after it has been activated?
- The Malem alarm will continue to sound until you or your child turns it off by lifting the sensor lever and pressing the reset button on the alarm box.
- From Laura at 10/22/10
- How do I improve the chances that my child will awaken when the alarm sounds?
- Make sure you place the alarm box high up on the shoulder area of your child's pajama top so that it is not muffled by blankets and is close to his/her ear. Parental help may be required at the early stages of treatment because most children are deep sleepers. Wake your child and help them to the bathroom when you hear the alarm.
- From Cyn at 8/17/10
- Can I use the Malem alarm with pull-ups or other disposable pants?
- In most cases, you should not use this alarm with disposable pants. The Easy Clip sensor is designed to quickly sense moisture from cloth. Disposables' absorbent material prevents this sensor from sounding as quickly. The optional Malem Standard Sensor can be inserted into a pull-up and can be purchased as an accessory. However, most families find that this is the right time to transition from disposables to cloth underwear so find the Easy Clip sensor very easy and reliable to use.
- From camilo at 4/13/10
- What type of underwear is best to use?
- Cotton underwear is best to use with this alarm. The underwear should be close fitting (no loose boxer shorts) so that the sensor is held close to the body to more quickly detect moisture.
- From John at 9/8/09
- Where should I clip the sensor of the Malem alarm?
- The Easy Clip sensor should be clipped to the outside of the underwear where you think the first drops of moisture will appear. In general, clip the sensor to the front of boys' underwear, and down lower towards the crotch area for girls.
Ask Your Own Question
Malem Ultimate Bedwetting Alarm
- Most popular bedwetting alarm with both sound and vibration
- Quickly triggers at first drops of moisture to wake the soundest sleepers
- Unique Easy-Clip sensor stays put on briefs
- Loud enough so parents can respond
- Can choose different sounds, strong vibration or both
- Comes with unlimited access to all Bedwetting Store resources and support from our team. Learn More
Ready to Buy?
$6.95 Flat Rate Shipping *Options Available
In stock, usually ships within 24 hours.
Price: From $99.95
Our customers say it best.
So worth it - nothing else helped before
- Comments about Malem Ultimate Bedwetting Alarm:
My son is 9 1/2 and wet the bed every night. We tried everything including medicine. He was a deep sleeper. He also had constipation issues which really complicated the matter. He would wet so much that every night he would pee through a pull up. I was so sick of washing the sheets and his pjs. We were at our wits end. This product worked great. I was very skeptical because of the varying issues we had and the amount he would pee at night. I do think it was important that we got his constipation under control. At the same time though we started the alarm. At first he was waking up 2-3 times a night. Then after a couple weeks it went down to once a night. After about 7-8 weeks he was completely dry. I cannot express how I never thought it would happen. His body is waking him up now in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. My son is so happy about it. He was getting a little frustrated after the first month but now he is so excited. He is so excited to go to sleepovers and not worry about peeing the bed. I highly recommend this product.
- bottom line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.