The new, easy-to-use Malem wireless bedwetting alarm system makes it simple to be alerted when wetting occurs. At bedtime, your child attaches the Easy-Clip sensor to the outside of his or her close-fitting underwear. This sensor is connected to the 1.5” transmitter that magnetically attaches to the waistband. The small 3”x3”x3/4” battery-operated wireless receiver can be placed on a bedside table, dresser, or up to 50’ from child’s bed. A second receiver can be purchased to be placed in the parent's room.
Once urine is sensed, a loud sound comes from the receiver. Once this receiver is triggered by wetness, it continues to sound until the reset button is pushed. This helps ensure that you and your child wake up to the alarm, and your child gets out of bed to turn it off. A volume control dial on the receiver allows the user to control the level of sound. This bed wetting alarm also offers the choice of 8 random sounds or selecting one of 8 sounds to play each night.
Comments from the
The advantage of this wireless bed wetting alarm is that it can be used with any of your child's own underwear. The sensor is placed on the outside of the briefs and detects the first few drops of moisture. Choosing the best location for the receiver is up to the family. This small battery operated unit can be placed as close as a bedside table or as far away as across the room. The alarm must be placed in a location where the child can hear it in order to learn the behavior of getting up independently to the alarm, and ultimately to a full bladder. It should be placed far enough from the bed, so the child cannot reach over and turn the receiver off without getting out of bed to do so. The second receiver for the parent's room is nice for situations where parents may not hear the alarm. Parental involvement is important initially, so that your child learns the proper response to this sound.
Video: Malem Wireless Bedwetting Alarm SystemThe new, easy-to-use Malem wireless bed wetting alarm system makes it simple to be alerted when wetting occurs. At bedtime, your child attaches the Easy-clip sensor to the outside of his or her close-fitting underwear. This sensor is connected to the 1 1/2" transmitter that magnetically attaches to the waistband. The small, (3x3x3/4") battery operated wireless receiver can be placed on a bedside table, dresser or up to 50' from child's bed. A second receiver can be purchased to be place in the parent's room. Once moisture is sensed, a loud sound comes from the receiver. Once this receiver is triggered by wetness, it continues to sound until the reset button is pushed. This helps insure that you and your child wake up to the alarm, and your child gets out of bed to turn it off. A volume control dial on the receiver allows the user to control the level of sound. This alarm also offers the choice of 8 random sounds or selecting one of 8 sounds to play each night.
M012 - Transmitter with One Receiver
M012D - Transmitter with Two Receivers
|Receiver/Tranmsitter Warranty||1 Year (Sensor has a 3 month warranty)|
|Sensor Type||Easy-clip sensor|
|Battery||Receiver- 2 x 1.5 volt AA alkaline or equivalent|
|Alarm Dimensions||Receiver-3" x 3" Transmitter- 1 x 12 volt A23|
|Sensor Dimensions||9.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||10 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Instruction Manual||Malem Wireless Instruction Manual|
|Progress Chart||Malem Progress Chart|
|Troubleshooting Guide||Malem Troubleshooting/FAQs|
|Care Instructions||Clean sensor with soapy water and small toothbrush every few days to remove urine residue.|
Questions on Malem Wireless Bedwetting Alarm System
- From b. escobar at 2/2/14
- Why do the batteries in the transmitter in the Malem Wireless Alarm drain so quickly?
- When the alarm is not being used, the sensor clip needs to be detached from the wet fabric and the lever on the sensor needs to remain in the open position.
- From Barbara at 8/2/13
- Do any of the alarms contain an indicator to tell the parents if the alarm had sounded overnight. If not, how do the parents know? None of the alarms signal that they sounded in the night.
- The best way for parents to know is for them to hear it go off. Using an alarm with a receiver for the parents room, such as the Malem Wireless with two receivers or using a baby monitor in the child and parent’s room would allow parents to hear it and be alerted.
- From Nola at 2/15/12
- I can’t believe that we lost the receiver part to this alarm. Can we buy just that part or do we have to buy a complete new alarm?
- You can purchase just the part that you lost for $60.00. Call us (800-214-9605) and we will help you with getting the replacement part. Once you receive the new receiver, follow the instructions on “pairing” it with your current transmitter.
- From William at 10/19/11
- It seems that we have to replace the batteries frequently, at least once a week. Is this typical or are we doing something wrong?
- It is very important that you remove the transmitter/sensor from wet underwear after the alarm is triggered. If you only turn off the receiver/sound, the transmitter will continue to send signals and drain the battery. Remember to (a) turn off the receiver when not in use and (b) remove the transmitter/sensor from the wet underwear after it sounds.
- From Sherri at 8/17/11
- I can’t hear the alarm from my room because I’m at the other end of the house. I think my son is sleeping through the sound. What do you suggest?
- IYou can either use a baby monitor in your room or can buy a second wireless receiver ($60) for this alarm. The second receiver is “paired” with the system you have and sounds simultaneously in your room when the one in your son’s room is triggered. That way you can make sure he gets up when the alarm sounds. Call us (800-214-9605) for help ordering the second receiver.
- From Ally at 6/11/11
- My alarm doesn’t sound. What should I check?
- If new, check to make sure the isolator tag is removed from the battery compartment. If you have been using the alarm, replace the batteries. Turn the receiver (large unit) on. A red LED light should flash. Replace the batteries with 2 new AA Alkaline ones. Be sure to observe the polarity markings.
Does the transmitter (the small unit) red LED light glow through the plastic casing when the lever on the Easy-Clip is pressed down? If not, replace the battery (A23 12V).
If replacing the batteries does not solve the problem, re-tune the receiver and transmitter by following the directions in the instruction manual.
To remove the back of the transmitter: Hold the transmitter with the easy clip sensor down toward the floor. The front of the transmitter should be in the palm of your hand and the back half with the clear strap facing you. Pull the clear plastic strap down tight over the magnetic block. You should see a slight space between the magnetic block and a “slider piece” of green plastic with a larger space above. Slide a small screwdriver into this space. Push the “slider piece” up or twist gently and the two pieces should start to come apart. Use your fingernail or screwdriver to gently pry the pieces apart.
Ask Your Own Question
Malem Wireless Bedwetting Alarm System
- Wireless alarm receiver ensures user gets out of bed to turn off alarm
- Loud tones (8 random or specific) alerts even deepest sleeper
- Magnetic sensor easily attaches to underwear waistband
- No alarm on the shoulder or cord under shirt
- Sound alert comes from one or two receivers
- Comes with unlimited access to all Bedwetting Store resources and support from our team. Learn More
Ready to Buy?
This item qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!
In stock, usually ships within 24 hours.
Price: $139.95 - $189.95
Our customers say it best.
Excellent and easy alarm
- Comments about Malem Wireless Bedwetting Alarm System:
I bought the Malem Wireless alarm after initially trying the Rodger Wireless alarm. This alarm far surpasses the Rodger for ease of use. The receiver sits right on my son's dresser and after getting off to a slow start he has now been dry for seven nights straight. He wakes up, turns off the alarm, uses the bathroom, and is so proud of himself. I also bought two of the bedwetting pads which I highly recommend. They made it so easy the first week when he had a few accidents in the middle of the night. Initially he completely wet his undies, but after about ten days he would wet just a bit, wake up to the alarm, use the potty, and go back to bed. I would get up and help him each time which also allowed me to offer him positive reinforcement. He now holds it until morning when he wakes. It really helped to read the book that we initially received with the Rodger bedwetting kit. I highly recommend it otherwise, I wouldn't have known about double voiding or that even after the fourteen consecutive dry nights to use it every other night for another fourteen days. This helps to ensure the brain has been trained. Malem is an excellent product and you will be happy if you use it as directed!
- bottom line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.