1. My child has daytime wetting and his urologist wants him to go to the bathroom every 2 hours. Can this watch be set to go off every 2 hours?
Yes, the VibraLITE 3 watch has a Countdown Timer mode, which allows you to set any interval you choose (e.g., every 2 hrs). Once this interval is set, the watch will count down to zero, vibrate/beep, and reset itself to count down again.
2. My child wets the bed during the night. Can I use the Vibra-Lite watch to wake my child during the night?
The VibraLITE 3 watch is not intended to awaken your child at night. Watches are not intended for use during the night because they do not respond to the child’s actual need to empty his bladder as bedwetting alarms do. Some practitioners will have your child use the watch for voiding reminders during the day with the purpose of treating your child’s nighttime wetting. But again, the watch is for use during the day, not the night.
3. My child needs to be reminded to go to the bathroom at specific times while she is at school. Can this watch be set for specific times?
No, the VibraLITE 3 watch cannot be set for specific times because it uses a countdown timer rather than individual alarms. The Vibra-LITE 3watch is a good tool for children who need to be reminded on a set interval, regardless of school schedules etc.
4. I have the time set, but I can’t figure out how to set the alarm to go off every hour. What setting do I use?
To set your interval, you must use the Countdown Timer Mode (this is the mode that shows “TR” on the top of the display screen). In the instruction manual, the appropriate section is headed: “How to Use the Countdown Timer.”
5. How do I set vibration only, beep only, or vibration/beep together?
To toggle between vibration, beep, and beep/vibration, you must be in the Calendar Clock Mode (the screen should display the time, date, and day of week). Simply press the Stop/Start button to toggle between the three settings. As you press the Stop/Start button, you will see the symbol in the upper, right-hand corner of the display change from ^^^ (vibration), to (((-))) (beep), to ^^^/(((-))) (beep/vibration). point
6. I set my watch to go off every 2 hours, but it didn’t vibrate when it was supposed to. What does this mean?
The beep/vibration may be turned off. Check to make sure that your watch is set to vibrate by looking at the symbols in the upper right-hand corner of the display in the Calendar/Clock Mode. You should see the ^^^ symbol for vibration or the (((-))) symbol for beep. If neither one of these appears, you need to set the watch to beep or vibrate. If these symbols already appear, then check to make sure that your Countdown Timer is activated. Do this by going to the Countdown Timer Mode (display will show “TR” on the top of the screen). You should see the time in this mode counting down. If it is not counting down, this means that your timer has been paused, and you need to restart it by pressing the Start/Stop button.
7. Does this watch come in a smaller size?
No, the VibraLITE 3 watch is not available in a smaller size. All vibrating watches require a standard size watch face in order to be large enough to house the battery and motor required for vibration.
8. The watch is too big for my 4 year old. How can I make it small enough for her?
Most parents find that changing the band to a child’s size band makes the watch fit a smaller wrist. Replacement bands can be found locally (any superstore or other store that carries children’s watches) and inexpensively, and any store that carries watches will be able to change the band for you. The watch uses universal watch pins to make changing bands easy. point
9. How long will the watch vibrate/beep after it has been activated?
The watch will beep or vibrate for 15 seconds once it has been activated.
10. How do I stop the watch from alarming/vibrating?
When the alarm is triggered, it will beep/vibrate for 15 seconds and stop on its own. If you prefer to stop the alarm more quickly, simply press any button and the watch will stop alarming immediately.
11. How do I ensure that my child will respond to the watch when it vibrates?
Make sure that your child allows the watch to vibrate for the full 15 seconds when it goes off. This lengthy vibration is difficult for children to ignore and gives them time to respond by making their way to the restroom, whereas a shorter vibration is much more easily ignored during school or other daytime activities.
12. How long do the batteries last?
Battery life varies based on the frequency of alarms. Vibration causes the biggest drain on the battery, so the more often the watch vibrates, the more quickly the batteries will run down. In general, the batteries should last for approximately 2-3 months. Pausing the countdown timer at night so that the watch does not vibrate/alarm is an easy and effective way to conserve battery power.
13. What type of battery should I use to replace my old VibraLITE 3 watch battery?
The VibraLITE 3 watch takes one lithium CR2032 battery.
14. Where can I find replacement batteries?
Replacement CR2032 batteries can generally be found at any super store or tech-oriented store that carries batteries for cameras, calculators or computers. Replacements can also be purchased directly from the Bedwetting Store if you have trouble finding them elsewhere.
15. How do I replace the batteries in my VibraLITE 3 watch?
Replacing the battery requires you to remove the watch back, exposing the watch’s inner mechanisms, so we recommend taking the watch to a jeweler to replace the battery. If you prefer to replace the battery yourself, you must remove the watch back using a small, Philips-head screwdriver to unscrew the 4 screws holding the back on. Then you must unscrew one of the internal screws holding the battery plate down. Once this is released, you can pry the battery out from under the plate and insert a new one in its place, making sure to insert it Plus side UP. Once the new battery is in place, screw the internal plate back down, replace the back, and screw the 4 external screws back in.
16. I have had my watch for a couple of months, but now the vibration isn’t working anymore. What does this mean?
This generally indicates that the batteries are weak and need to be changed. Because the vibration requires the largest amount of battery power, this function is generally the first to go when the battery reaches the end of its life.
17. I just started using my VibraLITE 3 watch again after storing it for several months, and now it isn’t working. How can I fix it?
First, put new batteries in the watch. Then reset the watch by holding down all 4 buttons for approximately five seconds until the screen blanks and resets to 12:00. At this point it should be in proper working order.
18. Is the VibraLITE 3 watch waterproof?
No. The VibraLITE 3 watch is not waterproof and should not be submerged in water or worn in pools, baths, showers, etc. While the watch will sustain minor splashing from activities such as hand-washing, we recommend that the watch stay as dry as possible to ensure its proper functioning.
19. What is the warranty on the VibraLITE 3 watches?
The VibraLITE 3 watch is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for One Year from the date of purchase. The warranty covers watch functions only, and does not apply to the band, battery, or to any unit which has been subject to misuse or abuse. Warranty service is handled directly by the manufacturer, Global Assistive Devices at 888-778-4237.